Feather for Helping Hands
Another feather for serving the hapless vulnerable section of our country from NE states in cities.
Touched for selecting me as BEST IPS OFFICER.
This further push me to pull up socks to wipe tears of distress and helpless people.
By selecting me, the selection committee has selected all unsung volunteers from different cities in India of Helping Hands who are serving distress and suffering NE people in cities of India.
We do hereby deeply acknowledge the gesture and recognition for Helping Hands.
Robin Hibu IPS
HELP us to locate children having cleft/ deformed face for operation.
Itanagar, Dec 5: Helping Hands & Singapore Smile Asia will sponsor the cleft lip surgery of upto 100 children from north eastern states.
Robin Hibu, IPS, who helped start the Helping Hands informed that all the expenditures shall be borne by the Helping Hands and Singapore Smile Asia.
The surgery will be done during January 17-22 next year at Guwahati Comprehensive Cleft Care Centre.
Details of those requiring surgery should be sent latest by 10/01/2010 to the following 9810083486 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hibu said that apart from the surgery, the organizations will take care of the journey, accommodation and food.
Robin Hibu, the founder of the Helping Hands NGO informed that”Helping Hands NGO has been selected for the Global Gandhi Award 2019″.
Helping Hands NGO has been selected for the Global Gandhi Award 2019 for following Gandhians philosophy and exemplary service to the society, by London Brent Borought to be hounored at Westminister, (British Parliament), London on October 7 on the celebration of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th Birth Anniversary.
London Brent Brought stated that the endeavor of Helping Hands beyond the call of duty is an example in front of the world of bringing communal harmony and peace.
In the event, there will be discussion on Gandhi’s philosophy of ‘Non-violence & World Peace, truth, community service, corporate social responsibility, long-term sustainability and cleanliness.
Robin Hibu, the founder of the Helping Hand NGO and Special Commissioner of Delhi Police informed that “it is so humbling to be selected for the award”.
He added that the prestigious International Award will further boost the morale of activists and volunteers of Helping Hands NGO to make difference of maginalised and vulnerable section of tribals folks in days to come.
He further stated that the prestigious Award is given because of selfless social works of members/ volunteers of Helping Hands NGO.
“The Award is given for praising Gandhian idealism in reaching out to vulnerable section of society in Gandhian way. Helping Hands NGO initiatives for vulnerable north east people in cities and educational empowerment has been recognized, hence this international award,” added Hibu.
Helping Hands NGO has been providing Competitive examinations scholarship for poor students, scholarship for orphans girls, massive blood bank mobilisation, concessional medical treatments for poor vulnerable people, career guidance for vulnerable students, legal and counselling assistance to battered poor NE victims, Incubation Centre for new migrants to cities from hilly states, massive social media campaigns to deter cyber crimes, safe work place, awareness on labour laws, sexual harrasment in work places, medical camps in remote hills and special voters registration for empowerment.
They also reach out intervention to crime victims, burials/ cremations of the dead and sending dead bodies back to hill states through assistance of airlines. The volunteer of Helping Hands also provide reach out intervention with crime victims in all cities of India.
Arunachal youth late Gangma Gangsa was working as private security guard in Coimbatore . Dead body of late Gangma Gangsa reached Dibrugarh on 22.11.19 by Indigo Airline at 13.15. Gratefully acknowledged selfless samaritans.
Due to continuous night shifts, he had a erratic work schedule, irregular food habit and lack of proper sleep. Also leading lonely life in a strange city far away from home took his life after having all kind of problems, weakness , diabetes, blood pressure, high cholesterol, jaundice which finally took his life in hospital. His soul departed lonely in Govt hospital, all alone in Coimbatore.
- So sad to see still thousands of north east youth are rushing for petty private jobs in cities for paltry sum of money as salary
- One can easily predict what will be their fate in future
- We have sent too many dead bodies in coffins to north east states and buried many of them in cities.
- This boy, whose dead body was lying in govt dilapidated hospital morgue in Coimbatore for days, brought to our knowledge for transporting the dead body to remote village, Tirap in Arunachal Pradesh. Helping Hands President, Sh. Robin Hibu had to struggled for almost 24 hours for organizing things, finally he managed money for the coffin transportation cost from there through Delhi to Dibrugarh and than to Tirap Village in Burma border for the burial at his hillock village, where he spent his childhood and atleast in the midst of his loved ones. Its heart breaking to know such pathetic condition of so many such north east youth dying forlorn in strange cities away from their families and friends…many die lonely… abandoned….
It’s a hopeless situation due to lack of employment back home. Really, do our north youth have no future back home ?
Finally, he will be laid to rest at his favourite hillock at his Khasa village, Longding, Arunachal in the midst of his loved ones at the his childhood favourite hillock.
– I have conveyed deep appreciation on the behalf of family and Arunachal people to C.P. Coimbatore for immediate help, Father Sangeet for giving all out support in the helpless grieving hours .
– To me, its very painful to send the dead bodies of young NE youth regularly to north east states ……..
Robin Hibu IPS
New Delhi, October 18, 2019
- New Interface of Helping Hands Website launched with a bang in New Delhi
- Website could be reached at http://www.hhhelp.org
- Website is now more user friendly and offers users to fill in all applications Online.
- Sh. Robin Hibu, Special Commissioner of Police, Delhi Police Gratefully acknowledged Mr. Gaurav Vats and other Helping Hands members
Robin Hibu, ADGP Delhi Police, and Chairman, Helping Hands NGO has shared the following message via WhatsApp encouraging NorthEast and Gorkha students to avail the benefits of up to 100% scholarship offered on UPSC coaching by one of India’s most reputed coaching institute, ALS Delhi.
Here is the message:
- After continuous pursuance by Helping Hands, ALS India’s top UPSC Coaching Institute, Delhi has allotted Rs.3.02 crore for 2019 – 2020 as UPSC coaching scholarship for poor deserving NE and Gorkha UPSC aspirants.
- Last date for submission – 20.5.19 by online submission.
- Email for online applications submission – email@example.com
- Documents to be submitted –
- Attested and scanned mark sheets (by any govt. officer) class 10, 10+2, and graduation degree from government recognised college/ university
- 2018/ 2019, income certificate,
- Recent one passport photograph to be pasted at right corner of the application,
- Any govt valid documents( Aadhar card, caste certificate, voter identity card etc)
- Application format in plain paper must be addressed to President, Helping Hands, Delhi with the following information:
- Email address
- Mobile number
- List of document attached in the email
- Application duly signed by the applicant.
- Legal/ Police action will be taken against aspirants for any false documents submission .
- Helping Hands NGO will verify submitted documents from DC /SP of the applicants district.
- Aspirants can mention the choice of his place of coaching in his application either at the ALS centres in few NE states or at Delhi. The 3.02 crore earmarked scholarship do not include fooding and lodging. The cost of scholarship is Rs. 2.1 lakhs per selected student for whole year rigorous coaching including on Sunday and on all holidays.
- Result of the selected aspirants will be declared on 20.5.19 for admission formalities for coaching.
- Gorkha aspirants are also eligible for this scholarship.
We encourage students from the region to apply for the scholarships, spread the word, and provide an opportunity to the deserving poor bright Gorkha and NE students. Together, we can give wings to fly to our youth.
Root of the problem is that all our planning done for metropolitan cities like Delhi,Mumbai,Kolkata
It is a huge irony that while the government and its various wings profess to be making all efforts to placate the youth from the North Eastern states by promoting their art, talent and culture, their condition remains pitiable in this era of ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ (Support for Everyone, Everyone’s Development).
To some extent their own lifestyles, and their liberal and trusting nature are responsible for some of the incidents involving them. In most cases they are victims of discrimination in metropolitan cities like Delhi, which is a real tragedy.
Some such recent incidents have been chronicled by Robin Hibu, one of the most decorated police officers in the country, and the first from Arunachal Pradesh.
Hibu was recently promoted to ADGP Special Commissioner of the Delhi Police. He who runs an NGO for the people of the North East called Helping Hands India, which takes care of their education and healthcare, and even arranges for coffins whenever the dead are found abandoned.
Hibu told this writer, “We have been in a very precarious situation for very long. I am doing what little I can to change it – but the root of the problem is that all our planning in this country is done for India, represented by metropolitan cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata etc.
“But the majority of the country lives in Bharat, which consists of the North East, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh etc. which are not on the radar.”
Hibu said there is a basic flaw in the skilling options being offered by the Centre, which provide a job for a maximum period of two years after skilling – but what after that? “There is no long-term planning because this area has been left out of the planning process as it lacks media, judiciary and has very little political clout due to its numbers,” Hibu said.
“Instead of offering region-specific training which for our people should be bamboo based or agriculture based, they give training which is not relevant for these youths.
“My main worry is that young people from these areas are very susceptible to influence from across the border, being surrounded by China, Myanmar and Bangladesh,” Hibu added.
His anguished note to an NGO group is being reproduced here with his permission, to show the kinds of problems young people from the North East face in the country.
“ – One Mizo female married to foreigner since 2015 abandoned by her husband since one week, she is unemployed (was working), need help to trace her husband and money for food and rent house. Anyone there at Hyderabad, please inbox me.
– Sadly one Naga college student in Delhi has committed suicide yesterday. Another attempted to commit suicide today.
– One Arunachal female arrested for immoral flesh trade and inside jail since last one week at Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. Somehow, Helping Hands Ngo informed her family and has engaged a lawyer for her bail.
– 15 north east youth from Manipur, Nagaland, Mizo are still lodged inside custody at Noida for running a fraud BPO and cheating citizens through cyber fraud.
– Two Manipur and Sikkim females were saved at last minute before signing an agreement with a cheater and criminal business man for running an unregistered BPO Call center at Bangalore.
– Another Manipur female is in desperate condition as her employer at SPA at Vadodara Gujarat who did not give her pay for 6 months as she did not pay heed to his illegal/ immoral demand. I have already informed the police to help her and alerted our Helping Hands Ngo volunteers/ activists to help her with some money for her food.
– Another Darjeeling youth had paid 4 lakhs for job and visa for Canada, the recruiters are still asking for more 4 lakhs of money for his visa and jobs in Canada… guided him to file complaint immediately today. He is depressed and counsellor of Helping Hands is counselling him.
– 4 Naga youth (who went to join the merchant navy as cadets) are stranded in a dilapidated ship at some unknown sea port in the Arabian Gulf sea, their passports are with the recruiters at Mumbai. They are stranded/ waiting for clearance since last 15 days and somehow surviving with rice and boiled potatoes in the makeshift kitchen in the old dilapidated ship. They were recruited after paying 2 lakhs each. Somehow contacted me for help. Asked them to send me details of their plight for police help etc.
– Do not know how to deal with all these ever increasing north east youth problems in cities….
To my horror, I have come to know hundreds of youth are migrating to cities every day in search of any kind of jobs in cities…..
– It’s so depressing to hear so many outcries for help and justice every day….”
Helping Hands NGO has adopted four north east orphans girls
New initiative of girls empowerment- Helping Hands NGO has adopted four north east orphans girls.
Helping Hands NGO has adopted 4 north east orphan girls and sponsoring their education fees etc from Helping Hands Ngo Orphan fund funded by NRI from USA, informed Robin Hibu IPS who is also the president of the NGO. .
All orphan girls are mentored by one core member of Helping Hands.
- Mrs Koj Rinya IFS is mentoring Baby Nada Senyi for whose father died in helicopter crash while saving stranded citizens in flooded area in Aruncahal pradesh.
- Armstrong Pamei IAS is mentoring Miss Ichubuile Daime whose poor father had died by snake bite.
- Dr Sangeeta Chanu is mentoring Miss Khaidem Tombisana found from dustbin of Regional Medical College Imphal.
- Another girl from remote Kurung Kumey district, Arunachal Baby Bamang Pumin is mentored by Catholic Priest Father Cyriac .
Still we are searching for an orphan girls from hills of north eastern states to adopt them by Helping Hands NGO, Robin informed.
Helping Hands NGO is privileged to do a bit for these unfortunate orphan girls, Helping Hands Ngo will endeavour to rebuild their broken life through educational support, Robin added.
Robin deeply touched by NRI Budhiraja family for sponsoring these orphan girls through Helping Hands Ngo and i am deeply touched by our core members for volunteering to be mentors of these orphans.